Friday, December 5, 2014

Self-Care

Between having more responsibilities at work, studying for the licensure, and the holidays approaching, I have been incredibly busy! Not to mention intense situations happening in our nation and my own community. That’s why I want to take a moment and stress the importance of self-care.
I know that right now it can be difficult to focus on yourself. Whether you have exams coming up, are travelling, preparing to see family, etc., you may feel like you don’t have time for much of anything! But if you don’t take care of yourself, you may be putting your physical and emotional health at risk.
I’ve been very cognizant about checking in with myself and making sure that I’m doing enjoyable things outside of work. I’ll admit that after a long work day, usually the last thing I want to do is see people, go out, or do anything productive. But that means that I just have to try harder. I’ve come up with a weekly goal for spending time with loved ones and going out to be sure that I don’t get stagnant (but also making sure I don’t overwhelm myself). I’ve been trying my best to keep up with eating healthy and exercising (though it can be so difficult this time of year!). And I’ve been trying new things, like visiting local parks I’ve never been to and going for long hikes down unfamiliar trails.
If you are having difficulty thinking up self-care activities, this is a great list of self-care activities I hand out to my clients! What are some of the things you like to do for self-care?

No comments:

Post a Comment